The Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (National Centre for Scientific Research) is a public body under the authority of the French Ministry of Education and Research.
Founded in 1939, the CNRS is the largest fundamental research organization in Europe.
It carries out research in all fields of knowledge through ten specialized Institutes.
- Institute of Biological Sciences
- Institute of Chemistry
- National Institute for Earth Sciences and Astronomy
- Institute of Ecology and Environment
- Institute for Engineering and Systems Sciences
- Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Institute for Information Sciences and Technologies
- National Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- National Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics
- Institute of Physics